NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

House painting

ICERAT4

Hi guys i have sunny 6 year old and we are having the inside of our house painted with low voc paint..I have bought a seprate cage to put her into a closed bedroom .Do you guys think this will be enough for her....I will also have a towel at the bottom of the door to reduce the fumes into the room.Once again the paint is low voc paint...Any suggestions beyond this thanks alot

You're doing about as much as you can - without physically moving Sunny out of her home. This is what I would do too. I've looked into low voc paints too - they are water carriers rather than some chemical type component (which I forget the name of now) and are 100% better than standard paints (although considerably more expensive over here in the UK)!

The only 100% "no voc" paints are your organic paints - which I think are only viable if you're loaded!

Just try and leave the windows open in the areas that you are painting so that any toxins can escape! You are doing your best for Sunny :) (and the environment)!!!

I am sure they are painting with low voc and water base paint...i will have her in the basement with space heater on instead of furnace heat as that circulates the air from above.So i will shut the vents in the basement cover the vents towel the dooR going downstairs.I bought a new cage FOR her that is sim to the one she has and have acculamated her to it .She likes the cage....That alone was 200 dollars..This is a very expensive house paint job .Lol...This is sunny below from 2 years ago ..She is a nut job...She has a huge vocabulary .even tells the kids by name to .DO THERE HOMEWORK.To funny take a peek below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj22BL4NLjM&feature=player_profilepage

And another small tip concerning smell---have an exhaust fan very near a window. It will pull the odor out of the room. If you dont't have an exhaust fan, simply take any fan, turn it around, put it next to a window and it'll act just like an exhaust fan. The smell disappears quicker. Just a suggestion here.

Dave007 wrote:

And another small tip concerning smell---have an exhaust fan very near a window. It will pull the odor out of the room. If you dont't have an exhaust fan, simply take any fan, turn it around, put it next to a window and it'll act just like an exhaust fan. The smell disappears quicker. Just a suggestion here.

thank you will do this to..every bit helps thanks again dave..

Well just a update..The painting is almost done.And i cant really smell any fumes at all..this low to no voc is very nice.Sunny has been in the basement doing well with my beagle laying by the cage watching her.lol.So tomorrow i will be putting her back in her big cage....So all is well so far.WHEWW....

I will have that ifo later today for all that i can say there is just a very very hint of smell ....1 day later nothing..I have her in the basement and i cannot smell anything down there..There are No voc paints out there .But the color choises are limited...