NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Nearly as bad as when I whistled at a passing man!

JillyBeanz

Some of you may remember that in the summer Harvey was on the window sill in the study with the window ajar (locked!). He was whistling away, all matter of tunes and then wolf whistled, to which I responded and wolf whistled back!

Now, the story here is that Harvey wasn't really visible - and the very young chap walking past thought this mad woman in her mid 30s was wolf whistling at him! :blush: I could have run out and explained, but thought I may make the situation worse!

I've just had Harvey on his harness for a walk around the garden and he went to nibble the harness. I looked at him and said "don't you blinking dare, naughty boy" to turn around and a gentleman in his mid 50s to early 60s was just about to open my next door neighbour's garden gate. He looked at me mortified!!

Luckily, this time Harvey was fully visible and I could explain the situation away!!! I am really going to have to watch who is around when chastising my birdie :woohoo:

Jill, you make me laugh til I cry. Thanks, I needed that. I missed the first details of the wolf whistle at the young fellow, it must have been before I joined. I can picture the look on the man's face thinking you were speaking to him in that manner, you cheeky girl you. Now I don't feel quite so embarrassed when I am absentmindly strolling through the grocery store and suddenly do a contact call for Java. That raised up some eyebrows and I hustled on out of there right quick.

katana600 wrote:

Now I don't feel quite so embarrassed when I am absentmindly strolling through the grocery store and suddenly do a contact call for Java.

You cannot dare compare me in my garden with you in the supermarket!! You mentallist!! Oh, our local ASDA would be a fine place with someone like you strutting through the aisles!!! :laugh: