NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

ordering a cage online Help!

jml0921

ok so i know i am a bit paranoid about buying a good quality cage online so i need some advice. the reason i am going the online route is the pet stores around here dont have any cages to my liking.

has anyone ever ordered from ebay? i have seen some great cages but i am just so darn leery. im scared to either get scammed, or get something totally different from what i order. i have been scammed before and it was a horrible feeling. i dont want it to happen again.

Ebay is just fine as long as you order from an actual store that adverties there.

You can also find good stores online with huge selections of cages by simply doing a search.

Find the size and price you like and post the links to your choices here and I am sure everyone will comment on them and about the store if the have purchased from them. :-)

I purchased a cage from the following store for example:

http://birdcages4less.com/page/B/PROD/Medium_Bird_Cages/PA5738

I'm sorry I don't have any advice on buying cages off of e bay, but I have also been scammed before buying a purse from there. I think I would rather go to a reputable bird supply site. It may cost a little more but at least you know what you are getting what you paid for. Once you find a brand and model you like, do a search on it to price around.

Hi there!

I ordered Sephora's cage off of Ebay. I was nervous too but it turned out pretty great and I got an awesome deal.This this the seller I used- http://myworld.ebay.com/wpic-bestbuy/

Here is a link to pics of her cage- http://www.greyforums.net/forums/cages-&-homes/153657-got-the-babys-cage-ready.html

It's huge, solidly built, good quality. got it for just under $200 with free shipping. My only complaints are minor ones- you can see in the pic the metal skirt is slightly bent, and the playtop tray as about a 1/2 bend in it...same for the bottom tray. these are really minor cosmetic issues and things only I notice. But if something like that would bother you, think twice(it's because of the way it was packed and shipped I think)

Otherwise it was a great buy, easy to put together and Sephora loves it.

HTH!

~Robin<br><br>Post edited by: glitterysparkle, at: 2009/10/13 16:32

Good point on how cages sometimes arrive bent up a little. I had some minor bends in both mine as well as some missing hardware. However they were quick to send the hardware and offered to send new parts to replace bent ones. However, the bends and dents were minor and a rubber hammer made them like new. :-)

These large cages weigh in excess of 100 pounds and those truckers moving them are not gentle. ;-)

As you post sites you visit, those of us who have done business with them wil advise you. :-)