NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Newbi........

yota_77

Hi all. Im new to this site and need some advise please?

Ive been thinking about getting an african grey for sometime now and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good website for me to research all i need about buying and caring for these birds?

Im kinda new to bird keeping myself althought my parents have had birds the last 30 years, so ive grown up with them and looked after them to a degree myself.

I also need to know what african greys are like with other pets?? I have 2 cats and a bearded dragon lizard.

Thanks for reading

Lee

Hi Lee - I echo Judy and Debbie's sentiments. I learned everything I needed to know before purchasing Harvey. I don't think I've even been anywhere else. Everybody here is so knowledgeable. Any questions you need to ask (however silly you deem them - but will probably have already been asked by me!!) just ask away!

You will either be desperate to get one - or we'll put you right off with their antics! :)

Hi Lee, I think you have already come to the right place to learn about greys. Karma to you for doing your research before getting a grey. I was a member here before I purchased my grey. The members here made me feel at home and the abundance of information in the threads of this forum are priceless. If you have a question, all you have to do is read through the forum rooms or just plain ask a question. Everyone will try to help. Welcome to the Grey Family!

Yep yep you have arrived at the best source on the net many of us have other pets as well as our Greys Its fine as long as they are well supervised when out at the same time if your cats are bird killers I would sujust keeping them separated because even a scratch from a cat is deadly to your bird cats carry pasturella in their saliva and their claws its deadly to birds so you will have to supervise them when they are in the same room together. other than that Greys make great pets as long as you don't mind a bit of a mess and the fact that they love to talk your ear off once they learn how.LOL

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Ill have to set aside a couple of hours and have a good read of the forums.

Need to see if its realistically possible for me to care for a grey before i buy. Planning on jan/feb 2010 after ive had a good think and researched it enough.

Again thanks for the welcome. I hope to get enough info and will deff be dropping a few questions in due course :whistle: B)

Lee

It might take more than a couple of hours to have a good read of the forums, there are a load of threads here and full of helpful advice.

Greys do need some time every day out of their cage and some one on one time for interaction, they are a flock animal and like to be a part of what goes on in the household so make sure you can give that before you make the final committment for it is for a lifetime.