NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Advice needed

Talon

I am going to visit the Bird of Paradise store in New Jersey next week. As much as I am saying NO! I imagine my kids will wear me down and we will end up with a other bird. It was recommended to me to get a Yellow Nape Amazon, or a Dusty Conure........any advice (just in case I end up with one) would be appreciated.

FYI, I have 2 African Greys (cag & tag), and 2 Parakeets.

Well, a Zon is about the same size as a Grey, would be able to stand it's own with the Greys and is VERY outgoing comparatively speaking. Only you can decide can decide what bird will fit in. I am rather partial to Jendays and Cherry heads, if I were to get another conure. :-)

I have a YCA and she is the absolute best bird. I would say if your going to get a zo to get a Female as when the males get hormonal they can be very aggressive the females just want to nest basicly and will try todo that at any cost. They are wonderful birds and will never bite without warning you I have had my zon for almost 10 yrs and can honestly say she has never ever bit me she is so sweet and cuddly She loves music and sings many songs she also does animal impressions. I would say if you are going to get another bird to get a zon or go all out and get yourself a large Macaw either a B&G or a GW I just got a large Macaw and I'm telling you I couldn't be happier they are very very special birds and the love and affection they show is somthing every bird lover should experiance. I just adore my big guy he is so different than any of my other birds he is really more like a toddler with feathers I know we say that about the Grey but its even more so with these big guys. they only bird that comes close to him is Adaya my baby Grey maybe because I raised her myself and so we have a special bond. I can do absolutly anything with her and she loves it and trust me so much. Darius my harlequin is pretty much like that also even though I got him as a 6yr fully mature bird. they are just trully awesome companions and I would recomend one to any experianced bird owner becase I know they would never regret the dessision after they got one. They really are awesome.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/10/13 18:52