NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ollie - Day One - Video Introduction!

justinskym51

After a month of anticipation, our first Congo African Grey (Ollie) came home with us!

The first few minutes were not as bad as I had imagined. Ollie came out of his traveler cage as soon as we opened the door. He hopped up onto the top of the cage and wanted to be held. We held him while introducing him to the living room. He seemed very inquisitive of everything! We showed him the kitchen, dining area, and the play stand on top of his cage (which he immediately perched). A bit of his favorite treats went into the play stand bowl after which he preceded to scarf it down with vigor.

After a few hours of constant attention and handling, we tried to put him into his new giant cage! He was reluctant at first but warmed up to the idea quickly.

All this time he was making the classic chirping noise of a baby CAG. He wanted more attention when we placed the bedtime sheet over his cage but he soon quieted and fell asleep.

This morning he was Mr. Talk-active (not actual words just lots of chirping) telling us how great his night went and how he was glad to see us. We placed him on the scale (13g) and fed him a few organic Fuji apples... he loved em... then we made this video together! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23haGUe5w9Y

Currently, he's eating and watching himself on youtube... He's a SuPeRsTaR ;-)

Justin

Candace

and

Ollie

Congratualtions!!!

Thats was a wonderful first video of Ollie.

It is wonderful to watch them at that age. The breeder did a GreYt job in bringing up him and the clutch. :-)

Looking forward to many more updates, photos and videos. :-)

A good idea to keep a video diary of Ollies progress - he is lovely by the way!

When I first brought Alfie home, I was so busy worrying that I was doing everything right (first grey too) I didn't fully appreciate her wonderful baby-ness! Enjoy these precious first few months.

justinskym51 wrote:

We'll be keeping a text and video diary posted on the forums every month or so. Check back for an update!

Aw come on you can post an update more often than once a month or so, at least do weekly, we want to hear and see how Ollie is doing.

Hey fellow Grey lovers! :) This is Candace letting you know that I posted a video of Ollie and myself on Youtube as well today, along with a blog to keep track of our new life with our baby! The blog is currently under construction but should be up and running tomorrow sometime. Thank you so much for all of the support! We're both a little nervous (especially me - I have never cared for a bird before), but we are trying our very best to take good care of him. Currently we're having some trouble getting him to eat the medium RoudyBush pellets. He is still eating vegetables (so far carrots and apples - still lookin' for those organic grapes!) and seed though. We felt Ollie's crop before putting him to bed and he was plenty full. Justin and I are going to try the method of getting the pellets a little soggy and warm before putting them in Ollie's bowl tomorrow. We'll let you know how it turns out!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpMTUU6cv6w

Blog: http://ollie-oxenfree.livejournal.com/