NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Freddy Here

Jayd

{Feel-good-000200A2}

Hi, well, ....I KNOW I am out of the closet but I'm still afraid because it has been such a short time that I have been treated so good. They feed me new stuff, some I like, some I'm not sure of but most of it is yummy and there's always plenty of it! I know they really worry about me and I am trying hard to stop plucking. If they keep giving me all these nice toys and wood and love...and wood...it won't be long. They spray me with this stuff and it is so smooth that I don't itch and it feels so good.

They moved me and my cage yesterday just because I redesigned their counter by chewing a hole in the counter wall and the panelling on the counter. They laughed at me but they moved me to the middle of the room. They said they were tired of walking around my cage for two days so they moved me where I am now. (That's okay because I started on wall behind me.) They bought me new toys and a few blocks of wood. I don't like any of the new toys yet but the blocks of wood are fun to chew up! My favorite new game is to try to bite Jay's butt as he walks by. It is a lot of fun but sometimes I miss and I get his hand or arm instead. I went over to visit the green things next to me (Green-Cheeks) but they were not very friendly...they kept biting my toes! Spock comes over to visit me when Maggie or Jay is holding me and we preen each other a little. He is pretty cool. I don't think Joey likes me though because he growled at me the other day. There is the tiny one they call Chloe who flys over to visit Jay while he is talking or playing with me. I don't really have much to do with her. Salsa is really something...she doesn't seem to like anyone but Chloe. That's okay, she stays on her side and I stay on mine. Well, got to go...looks like they are bringing that orange smash stuff and that stuff is really good. Jay says it will put meat on my bones. I don't think I want meat, I just want feathers...

Bye all,

Freddy

{Feel-good-000200A1}

Freddy - could you send me the recipe for that orange smash stuff - I think it would be very good for me. Especially since I plucked my breast after I got a crop burn. Mom coats me with 100% aloe gel on my wing. She's taking me to the vet on Wednesday because I've chewed all my flight feathrs from my right wing. Maybe Dr. Jose will be able to help with something. Anyhow, orange smash sounds good, and I'm glad to hear you're doing so well with Maggie and Jay, they are great people from what Mom tells me. Congrats on the new digs!

General Beauregard Grey

;) Thank you, Our "Smash" is just one variation of a old recipe,it's so adaptable. We use, in this case,: sweet potato/yam cooked in oven or microwave, [cut in half add 1/2" water till mushy], mix peanut butter[we like organic] 1/4 cup tater,1/4 tsp p-butter, 1 slice banana or organic baby applesauce....You can serve warm or room temp. Now you can serve as is, or add what ever your bird likes, sesame seeds, vitamins, veggies, yogurt, egg, etc.....We feed all our bird the basic recipe and add what ever is needed for pluck,stressed, or birds that don't eat veggies...Ww also use this to help wean...This also helps put and keep weight on.It tastes good..

Maggie<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2009/10/12 19:50