NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

We all spoil them right? :P

jessdecutie18

Lol I think my husband thinks I'm crazy. Practically every time we go out I'm looking for something for Yoshi, no matter where we go...

Yoshi has had the best from day one and I'd like it to stay that way. We spent a lot of money initially, with a huge cage and tons of different perches and toys and foraging games... the rolling play-stand that enables her to be all over the house with us... etc etc etc

I know I'm not the only one, these guys are just so cute and lovable we can't help it. I'd love to hear how you guys spoil your baby and who thinks you are crazy, lol...

Yoshi is hanging upside down right now from one of her toys being goofy... I love seeing her happy... can't wait till she can fly :)

All my birds are flighted so I have boings,Atoms, globe.swings and hanging gyms in every room of my house so that the birds have places to land and play when they come to that room to play. My kids are all grown accept 1 so I have allot more money now and I spend it all on my birds. When my kids come to visit they tell me that I live in a giant bird cage because of all the stuff hanging from the ceiling and all the play stands everywhere LOL They call me a crazy bird lady I don't mind that title I'm just crazy about my birds :laugh: I think my neighbours think so also but they all have come and knocked on my door and asked if they could see my birds. You can hear them pretty good when they great the day.

Well I know my two are spoiled. I spend far more on them than on my self.If they need it ,or should I say ,if I think they need it ,they get it.I think most people I know think I am a little crazy,in a nice way I hope.

I have a cargo net that covers the total office window in my house that Ana Grey loves. It has foraging toys on it full of nuts and pellets. I have a hanging 36" ceiling perch hanging in front of my living room windows that has a large Jolly Ball hanging from the side. I have boings in my kitchen and bedroom so the fids can come visit. Their cages are covered with hanging toys inside and out with lots of ropes and cloth perches for them to play on. I have several playstands that I can carry around the house for them to be comfortable on. Spoiled no, just keeping them out of trouble! ;)<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/10/11 21:28

My hubby thinks I am crazy too as I am always thinking of new things to buy for my fids when going into stores even when its not even a pet store, I go to the baby department of other stores.

Right now I am thinking of what to get them for Christmas:whistle: B) :P

I say the same thing about the birds as I did about the kids. Spoiled would imply bad behavior based on overindulgence without boundaries or discipline. Our forum birds are pampered maybe, but well behaved and well socialized. The wild birds outside hang on the window frames pecking on the glass trying to get a piece of this action.

As requested Penny videos of Ana Grey's play areas. She doesn't chew my furniture or window frames because she has places to go and lots to do!!! Of course that might all change once she is fully flighted!!! :ohmy:

th_015-5.jpg

th_013-3.jpg

th_016-4.jpg

My kids think I have over done it, but what do kids know!!!! :lol: :silly:<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/10/12 03:37

I just want to say that I've read several threads that seem to imply that we as parrot owners should feel a degree of guilt because our bird can't have all the advantages of an existance in a flock of wild birds. I'm not sure that the wild birds wouldn't feel a degree of envy for the lifestyle that we give our "captive" greys.