NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Fawn and Bobcat

harmonicaman68

The Jesusita Fire in Santa Barbara, CA caused these two to take shelter together. The fawn is 3 days old and the bobcat about 3 weeks. The fawn came from somewhere in the fire and the bobcat from Carpentaria. They immediately bonded and snuggled together under a desk in the Santa Barbara County Dispatch Office for several hours. ATT80217341.jpg

ATT80217341.jpg

They rescued the fawn during the wildfire. Although wild animals, especially of separate species, are never placed together due to regulations, in this emergency situation, they had no choice. During the mayhem of the fire, they were forced to put animals anywhere they could, since they had run out of crates large enough for the fawn. The kitten ran to the fawn, and it was instant bonding. ATT80217352.jpg

ATT80217352.jpg

I'm amazed that somehow God has programmed peaceful co-existence into his creation when conditions become unusual. Especially in the young ones, but also there have been interesting stories of unusual adoption parings by older animals as well. How different the conditions must be to fulfill Isaiah 11:1-12:6, but a very interesting picture is painted ...

I am fairly certain that they try to reintroduce the adult animals back into the wild. In the case of such young ones, I'm not sure what is done. If they can't get them adopted by adult animals, they need to be raised in a manner that allows reintroduction if possible, but we all know that is difficult. The story of this particular fire and rescue can be read at http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_news/2009/05/wildfire-wildlife-and-pet-rescue.html