NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

feathers

Aly~

Is this what a bird looks like when they are molting or perhaps she has decided that plucking is not for her. The little pins sticking all over her look so painful, but she doesn't seem to mind. They are turning into cute little feathers now. Could this be what is making her grouchy?

I hate being a new mommy and not knowing everything!!!

Aly~

and HellRaiser Rebel 100_0864_Szd.jpg

100_0864_Szd.jpg

Yes when they are molting they can be grouchy because those pin feathers can be itchy and make them feel uncomfortable, more frequent bathing may be helpful right now and spraying her with some aloe vera juice might help also.

I love her cute little red feathers she has, did she have the red factor before she started molting? She looks like some of the new feathers are red also.

She did have a few little red feathers scattered here and there. I love them now that I know there are no liver issues. I had heard that the red can be an indicator of health issues, but Doc says that Rebel is a completely healthy bird.

She gets misted with Aloe Juice every day. It's hard to get up under her chin really good when she puts her head down and says....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Here she is with her head on!! She just won't smile for the camera. {Feel-good-000200BB}

Oh, don't let that sweet little face fool you!! She definately is a Hell Raiser.

She feeds the dog through her cage, old peanut shells or anything she doesn't like. She holds it out through the bars and the dogs comes and gets the treats from her.

Well the other day my dog came running down the hall shaking his head. Rebel is in the background laughing her funny laugh (which is different from her evil laugh). I of course thought that she bit him, but nope, there was a little trail of dried chili peppers leading to Rebel's cage.

I'm thinking Aussie won't be taking treats from her again anytime soon.

I will never believe anyone who says that these birds only mimick and don't really know what they are doing. SHE KNOWS SHE IS BEING EVIL!!!

Awww, Girls just wanna have fun right? :P

Rebel is sure a fun Grey to read about and she's just getting started!!

The photo does appear to show aftermath of plucking. It's greYt you are taking such good care of her and she is letting them come back in. :-)

Looking forward to more updates and photos.

I really have turned to this forum for information on how to take care of her. She was an impulse buy, a deal I really couldn't pass up. I am shocked that the previous owners have not even called to check on her. They have all of my contact information. But anyway, she's my baby now and as long as this site stays up I'll feel comfy learning all about her little whims.

I had no idea that these creatures were so demanding. I thought the tiels were time consuming, but they are simple compared to Miss Drama.

I was terrified when she started to pluck her feathers out. But I'm learning to adjust to her moods and keep myself a peg or two above her. We are both learning to understand each other and now the feathers are coming in so cute!!

I love this place and you can never run out of things to read here either.

Thanks everyone!!

Aly~