NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Chicken Bones?

Aly~

My birds look at me funny also when I offer them a bone with no chicken on it. But offer them a piece of chicken and they are in birdy heaven all my birds will do just about anything for a piece of chiken or turkey or fish I think if they had their way that would be all they would eat. so its definatly a treat once or twice a month.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/10/08 04:33

Guest jamalbirdbiz

cooked and uncooked chicken bonez are a favorite of my birdz. i dont deny them that. what they want. they get B) b/cuz i luv them.

Guest jamalbirdbiz

"if: is the operative word. It iz doubt full they will get salmonella. Raw food diets are recommended for petz. U should check it out.

Jamal - Never recommend to anyone to feed a parrot raw meat, bones etc.

That is a risk NO ONE should take.

I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!

If YOU like taking chances with you birds life, you are a very poor bird owner in my opinion.

YOU NEED TO RESEARCH, NOT ME. I did my homework long ago.

I cannot believe that you are feeding your bird raw meat - would you eat raw chicken yourself? It is absolutely DEADLY - Please type this into google:

Feeding Parrots Raw Meat - it's really clever and brings up hundreds of articles - mostly entitled NEVER, DANGEROUS, DEADLY etc etc.

If you are feeding your parrot raw meat you are taking unneccessary, stupid risks and I deplore you for not taking Dan's absolutely, bang on, correct advice.

judygram wrote:

Make enough for me then for I love chicken salad!

Me too - but minus the chicken - I'm a vegetarian!!! :laugh:

I think it's a bit canabalistic - but all in the line of great parrot care!

Hope Rebel accepts the chicken bone and isn't chicken!

ok, so...

1 chicken salad

1 veggie salad

and

1 chicken bone....

Got it!!

I'll try to get pictures. Rebel doesn't much care for the camera, but I keep clicking. I end up with a bunch of bad pictures. I keep thinking one day one of them will be good.

Aly~

OK, now this thread has made me hungry for some BBQ'd Chicken....My Son has it on the grill now.....mmmmmmm, mmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmm :-)

Rice pilaf, mixed veggies and salad sides.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'll save a couple of bones for Dayo. ;-)