NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

cockatiel Preening question...

jml0921

is it ok when my tiel preens he sometimes pulls out large feathers but they are hallow and white. is this ok? and is it ok for lots of those little white fluffy ones to fall all around his cage? he never plucks so im thinking this is normal?<br><br>Post edited by: jml0921, at: 2009/10/05 19:47

My tiel (Spiky) used to lose his feathers all of the time - I showed no concern as this was absolutely normal - I found them all over the place. This is completely normal! I had 17 years worth of feathers from Spiky and loved every minute of it!

I actually have the last tail feather he shed before he died :(

ok he is cool then..i just tend to worry over the smallest things.

that is so sweet that u have his last feather. tweety is my little buddy i hope he stay with us for a long time to come since he is only about 10 months old.

jml0921 wrote:

Tweety is my little buddy i hope he stay with us for a long time to come since he is only about 10 months old.

And I'm sure he will! My Spiky had a fab life and was 17 when we had to take him to be put to sleep. I didn't do anything exceptional to get him to such a grand age - just kept him comfortable, warm and furnished.

I am sure you will be able to do this with Tweety ;)