NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this a moult? - Have I even spelt it right? LOL

Joolesgreyuk

Oh yes! This is exactly how Harvey started Julie - then he started losing a few grey feathers (although no tail feathers yet). He has tons of feathers coming through - try brushing Beau's feathers "against the grain" on his neck - I bet you there are some coming through - Harvey's are near black - I've just counted his on his neck and there are 9 coming through! :)

Oh boy is it snowing over here!!! We put Chimay in a night cage at bedtime, and just over 10 hours it's AMAZING the amount of downie feathers and dander that comes off of his little frame! I pull the old paper out of it every morning and anymore I find at LEAST over a dozen downie feathers in there. I really really try to make sure his night cage stays clean b/c I don't want him breathing in a bunch of his own dust but holy crap it's becoming a chore now with this molt starting.

He's got teeny pinfeathers all around his ears and under his chin...I've heard of greys getting cranky during a molt but I don't think we're at the cranky-phase yet. He wants extra scritches since he's such an itchy boy. We lost our first grey feather yesterday. It was kind of comical actually...we were just watching TV together yesterday, on the commercial I looked up at the couch cushion where he'd been sitting and he had a big grey feather in his beak, looking at me as if to say "lookie mommy! look what i did!" :D Hahahaha<br><br>Post edited by: chimaysmommy, at: 2009/10/05 21:21