NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Get out!! Says the Galah Parrot.

lovethatgrey

Very funny video of that Galah!! :-)

You know, in Australia one of the biggest insults is to be called a "Bloody Galah". I was there for 3 weeks installing some systems across that wonderful land. A Representative from there was driving me about and going down one highway (sometimes turning to dirt) there were literally 100s of Galahs sitting along the road in one spot, as we passed, they started flying. Thankfully we did not hit any.

I thought they were beautiful and commented. Thats when I learn they feel they are a "Stupid" bird that just flies right into the cars.

In our driving on several different days. If another drive did something that pissed this guy off, he would start screaming "BLOODY GALAH!!!"......they have road rage in the outback of Australia!!

Thanks for sharing this. :-)

That's a great video :laugh: Out of interest, does anyone here have a Galah? (Or had one in the past) What are they like? I read they're more like a cockatiel than a cockatoo. I'm guessing they're noisy but not as noisy? :laugh: I remember seeing one when I was younger at a market and wanting it so badly, this was before I had any big birds.

Very cute video and really cute bird but what amazes me is that someone would let their bird play in the dog house. Talk about bacteria! Not to mention the chemicals the dog has probably been treated with for fleas. It could not be safe conditions for a bird.:(