NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cleaning cages!

lovethatgrey

How often do you wash your cages and perches? What do you clean with?

I remove the soiled papers every morning and

I wash my cages ONCE a week EVERY week.

I use Oxyfresh cleansing gel. I find that it removes the dried on poop very easily and thoroughly.

{Feel-good-00020114}

I clean the papers out of the cage every second day, and wipe down the perches/surfaces with Safe4Pets disinfectant spray..I occasionally take my CAG Jake's cage outside and give it a good cleaning with a power washer, unfortunately I can't do this with Meikos large cage as it's upstairs but I give it a good scrub when it's needed!

It seems we are all pretty scrupulous with our fids' cages. Believe me some people DO NOT BOTHER. I go to people's houses to do their hair and one in particular springs to mind, my guess in that house it's a twice a year ritual, what's more the cage was in the kitchen and I very much doubt it ever left it's cage. Needless to say I no longer go there.

I also use Oxyfresh...I love it! It dissolves everything quickly and makes it easy to wipe up. I have acrylic cages and it also doesn't leave any streaks.

I put about 10 sheets of newspaper on the bottom and then pull one sheet out every day. I wash the cages themselves once/week.

P.S. I use Oxyfresh as my general cleaner all over my home...counters, floors, everything.

Lisa