NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

And Here's Fred.......Our new rescue.

Jayd

:) Hello, let me introduce myself. I am Fred, a 17 year old Cacatoa Galerita (Greater Sulfur Crested 'Too). I've kinda had a rough life. My first owners locked me in a closet because they said I was too loud. I wasn't loud, I was just happy with life! My last owners kept me in my cage with no toys. He liked me but his better half didn't...so I ended up at Feathered Friends. He would come to see me for a few minutes and then leave for a long time and that made me very unhappy. Carol told him that he needed to take me home or let Carol place me with Jay and Maggie. So, okay, yesterday, I went home with Jay and Maggie. No more rescue, I've got a home now! I can tell already.

They gave me a piece of fruit last night (Pear) and it was SO GOOD! I can't remember when I have had such good food, fruit and veggies! Wow!!!! They said I can't have too much fruit because of my plucking. Plucking: I don't have many feathers. Closet Time does that to you! They spray me with this aloe stuff and it sure feels good! I didn't pluck all night and all day. I heard talk but if I could, I would tell them that I will grow back as good as new because I am happy here!

:( (From Jay and Maggie: Fred's wings are basically skin and bones with a few feathers. His chest, legs and back are basically plucked. He has a beautiful full tail, head and top-notch.)

I like to dance, I can really shake it and I like that they play music. They leave my cage open so I can come and go and I get along well with the others. They tell me things are good there. You ought to see Spock and I eat our morning and night smash at the same time out of the same spoon. We don't mind sharing...there's plenty...I'm really good at bathing and I don't mind Jay holding the food while I nibble...I'm not a one-person bird...Maggie sings to me and I dance for her. I really think I'm going to like it here. I can't remember if I can talk or not, I say "Fred" but that is all right now. I am very quiet and today I started dozing with one leg tucked and my top-notch down....OH BOY!!! got to go...snacks are on the way!!!!!

Fred ;)

009.jpg

017.jpg

023-1.jpg

032.jpg

011.jpg

:) [better photo's soon]

Fred you don't know how lucky you are to end up in Jay and Maggie's home, you will be blessed with love, attention and good food, better than you have had anywhere you have been so far. I bet you think you have died and gone to heaven.

Jay and Maggie are two of the best people you will ever know, they know exactly what you need and provide it without you ever having to ask for it.

Fred has such a sweet face, how could anyone shut him up in a closet, thanks for sharing some pictures with us, I think you look great.