NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Regurgitation: How much?

Charlotte

So my baby girl just regurgitated, and am curious to know how much do they usually regurgitate? Charlotte's was about the length of a pen lid and about as thick as a pen as well- it seemed quite excessive and so am wondering if that amount is normal or if she is more likely sick :<

I know they will regurgitate for their "mate" but since this is the first time she has, I'm more worried that the amount was more than what is normal for CAGS. There really hasn't been much change in behavior other than she climbs more on the inside of her cage playing with her toys in there rather than climbing on the outside of her cage.

There is no set amount. It goes according to how much food is in the crop at the time of regurgitation. They can hold any amount in the crop.

"""""I know they will regurgitate for their "mate" but since this is the first time she has, I'm more worried that the amount was more than what is normal for CAGS."""

When the parents are feeding chicks a person can't see how much is being fed. Some take a smaller amount of food, others take more. The same thing applies when one mating bird gives the other mating bird any food. It also has to do with the consistancy of the food when a young bird regurgitates. It could be firm and lumpy or very soft and smooth and liquidy. So, there is no more than or no less than usual.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/10/03 00:01