NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

She called me Mom!

rbpittman

Ok, it's not as impressive as her first word, but Dixie has started saying Mom! She says it in LP's voice of course, which is great, I'll always have his 13 year old voice even as he grows and it changes. The thoughts of being able to hear my son at this age for as long as I live is a benefit I never thought about until Dixie called Mom!

The joys of having a grey and the benefits they bring to our lives are more than anyone could ever tell another soul about. Those little things that you don't hear mentioned about them. I've saved a message from my grandmother and have played it often since she passed, but to have Dixie speaking in LP's unchanged voice will last forever and I can hear it often, without having to think about it. It brings a comfort I never expected. Ok, so I'm full of mush this morning.

I know exactly how you feel Tyco calls me mom in my daughter Andraya's voice it will be wonderful when she grows up and leaves home to have her voice stay behind with the presence of a little Grey bird. Andraya just turned 14yrs old the other day. Right now its a pain sometimes to have 2 Andrayas in the house I don't know how many times I've heard Tyco scream MOM and gone to see what Andraya wants only to have her look at me like I've totally and completly lost my mind. Then I realize it was Tyco and I can just hear a faint chuckle in the back ground of Tyco laughing because she got me again. She has the strangest sense of humor. Silly Bird. :laugh: :evil: :laugh: