NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Coming Attraction! 10/5/2009

rbpittman

Coming soon to my office! A new and exciting delight! The true life story of General Beauregard Grey!

Starring: General Beauregard Grey

Co-Stars: Dixie Bird Grey, Tequila Blue and Sterling

Guest Stars: Robin, Paul and LP

Synopsis: General Beauregard Grey (Beau) is a 3 month old gentleman who has enjoyed the love and interaction with Robin when she visited the local bird shop. Robin convinced the shop owner to not clip Beau and let him fly until parronts were found for him, and let them determine if he should be clipped. Working with Beau, Robin has been able to harness train Beau and takes him into the back room (very large) to practice his flying. Of course in all good drama's there is tragedy. Beau has suffered a burn on his crop from a hand feeding. This has caused Beau to pluck his chest almost completely bare and to also go after several of his flight feathers on one wing. While the injury is dangerous, no surgery will be required. Robin has increased her visits to the shop to help attend to Beau's care and again has him eating pellets, fresh fruit and the owner reports he is down to one hand feeding per day due to this interaction. The sadness continues however since the shop owner is afraid Beau will never find a proper home since he is now known to pluck and is completely broken hearted. He asks Robin if she will consider taking Beau home to be with Dixie, a sultry southern belle who is somewhat sassy and very independent. After consulting with Paul and LP, it is determined that Beau will now live in Robin's office. A cage has been picked out and toys have been arranged and Beau is getting accustomed to his new quarters as Robin, Paul and LP rearrrange to make room for the General. The shop owner hopes that Beau will be completely weened by Friday and travel to his new on home on Monday, October 5, 2009.

Congrats Robin for taking in Beau, poor dear has had a rough time but you will be able to give him a good home with all the love and attention he needs. I am so proud of you Robin for opening your heart and your office for Beau, he will be so blessed and you will too.

Now your office is in your home isn't it? Looking forward to seeing some pictures of Beau when you get him home.

What a wonderful story!

It's GreYt to hear Beau is on the mend, weaning, flying, but the plucking hopefully will stop when the irritation of the crop burn leaves.

It's wonderful to hear you are getting him very soon and have all the preparations underway.

Looking forward to the next episode of this series!! :-)

Yes, my office is in my home - it is the converted garage actually - heated and cooled, two computers plus my laptop, 32" flat screen lcd, my literal home for school and in general life, only thing missing is my fridge and potty. It currently houses Dixie Bird Grey and Tequila Blue, two play areas and Paul's leather chair and ottoman. The only ones not allowed are the pugs. Sterling comes out of the family room with me every morning after taking LP to school and hangs out on the back of my chair or one of the playstands. Beau's cage is smaller than Dixie's but since it is being donated I can't complain. When funds are better we will purchase a bigger, better, matching cage for him and move the smaller one to the bedroom as a sleeping cage.

I'm hopeful that the plucking will stop after the injury heals, but understand that it may not. When I visited yesterday there had been no additional plucking, but one night does not prove to be a complete stop. While I was there, a couple came in and purchased the baby Timnah, but looked at Beau and were completely mortified by his appearance. I was shocked at their response, apparently they have not done their research! I still think he is beautiful.

Beau will not be clipped since he already has missing feathers on one of his wings due to plucking. My only real concerns are the possiblities of him plucking a blood feather while I'm gone to class or in general running around. Of course that fear runs deep with all of my fids.

Am currently looking for a food dehydrator so I can keep them in veggies....Beau loves dehydrated green beans and peas - everything green. Dixie loves everything orange and red and Sterling eats everything purple. Go figure.

Those people who were mortified by Beau's appearance aren't really bird people in my opinion, only someone who truly loves and cherishes birds can see the real beauty inside each and every bird whether they pluck or not. I hope his plucking will stop when he is completely healed and with your love and attention he should stop.

It must be nice to be able to work from home, I wish I could but I have to go to the office to do my work.

It is hard to imagine what this little guy is working to overcome. I am really glad he has such a loving home with someone he has learned to trust. Looking forward to hearing all about him when he gets to star in his own production on location with co-stars especially if he can write his own script with no more sadness.

10/1/09 - Only four days until the premier of General Beauregard Grey. In this trailer you will learn:

Robin visited GBG and took a few pictures (see following images.) Robin reports that GBG is now holding a steady 400 kg and hasn't plucked anymore feathers. While not completely weaned, GBG spent most of his afternoon eating pellets and green beans of his own accord. Must say that GBG is definitely on the mend, showing more spunk and moxie than on previous occassions, to include flying to the lady who had purchaed the timnah and was appauled by his appearance. She had come in to visit the timnah and pay on him. He landed on her head and promptly pooed in her hair. WTG General!

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02058.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: rbpittman, at: 2009/10/01 23:39

GBG is so handome even if he doesn't have his shirt on, he looks good and way to go to poo in that woman's hair, that will fix her for shrieking about his looks. He looks like a real sweetie Robin, bet you can't wait for Monday.

Thanks so much Robin for sharing some pictures of GBG with us.

He's Here! He's Here!

General Beauregard (Beau) Grey has arrived at his new residence in South Carolina. Being a true general, he made a commanding entrance with much fanfare and applause. Dixie Bird Grey was on hand to greet him and welcome him to his new home. We're sure she will inform him of the generous hospitality that awaits him and answer any questions he may have.

DSC02074.jpg

DSC02075.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

DSC020801.jpg

Post edited by: rbpittman, at: 2009/10/05 20:47<br><br>Post edited by: rbpittman, at: 2009/10/05 20:48