NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Jim, 2 months later...

Jayd

:) Well, Jim's been with us for over 8 weeks now, what a change, talk about coming out of the closet...He now eats his veggies, pellets, and mash, he comes out of his cage on his own and plays outside it [on it]. He plays with the toys we got him and loves to forage, he lets us clean his cage with out trying to bite us, and no more plucking..He "steps-up onto our hand in his cage, and let's us scritch him both inside as well as outside his cage.

Some of the things he does really amazes us like, cognitive ability, he makes the sound of "running water" when he wants a bath, he bobs his head when he wants us to sing to him and makes the sound of the microwave when he wants warm food. His communicating ability is really surprising, when he wants us to hold him he says "come here", he says "gimme a kiss" and makes a smacking sound and waits for you to reply with a smack. When he wants you, he says "come over here and give me a kiss [smack]" you go over to him and he smacks your nose.

If we're not in the living room by 5:15 each morning, he calls out "Hello, are you ok?" and expects an answer..He has begun to yell for Spock, saying "SPOCK, COME HERE !" He and Spock communicate with bleeps and whistles. His voice is very clear and precise, and his sentences are filled with inflection, and he has 2 different laughs. Some of his other phrases include: see you later, I love you, good morning, good night, I want a kiss, etc, with all these he expects a reply.

Whats really funny, like all greys, he likes music and his favorite song is "The Hokey-Po-key" he not only dances but sings the first line of the chorus and laughs after wards: "You do the Hokey-" ROFLOL...He says a few negatives that we don't repeat or encourage, such as : "YOU LIAR", "GET A LAWYER YOU CAN'T HIDE","GET OUT OF HERE" . His spoken word count is close to a hundred and we're going to start recording soon.He sounds more human then bird. He's really come a long way, and we really have high hopes for him.

Jay & Maggie ;)

CopyofPicture212.jpg

Picture211-1.jpg

Picture259.jpg

Jay this is such an inspiring post! Only 8 weeks and you have brought this sweetie out of his shell. I look forward to more on Spock and Jim every day when I come on and delight in hearing about their progress. Glad he's coming around so nicely and know that you and Maggie are having more than a hoot of a time with him. Thanks for sharing.

What a wonderful update on Jim!!!

You and Maggie have done such a GreYt job of making him feel the love, patience and consistency he was lacking.

I can't wait to see the videos when the start rolling out. He is one intelligent Grey that truly has come out of his shelter and is interacting fully as part of your flock. :-)

Karma to you!!