NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HO HO HO,XMAS TREES? HELP....

Jayd

Ha Ha Ha! I've just posted about this! Gutted!!! I', putting mine up next week to see what happens!

I'm not really!! I have two Christmas trees and I can see both of them being an absolute nightmare this year (my first year with Harvey too!!).

As you can see from my avatar - Harvey likes trees!! :laugh:

How's this - tree up - secured to wall to prevent falling over from birds. (They naturally belong in trees!) Decorations should be edible items for.....

who else?.....

the birds! Hang avey (sp) cakes, pellets strung with dried cranberries, frozen peas and carrots. Also decorate with birdie kabobs.

Realizing this tree will have to be redecorated daily, but what a wonderful way to spend christmas, especially with our fids!

Thats something I don't worry about to much my tree is only 2ft tall. There is only me and Andraya home now and our pets of course. I have 5 kids and all of them are grown up except one so as soon as they got husbands and wives and familys of their own I stopped cooking chrstmas dinner. My son is an chef and so is one of my daughters so going to their house for dinner is always a treat. For 27 years I had 18 people for Chritmas dinner every year my sisters their familys, and my own, My mom & dad. Now usually one of them does thanks giving and then the other does Christmas and since we arean't home much I don't put up a big tree. I live in the middle of no where so I don't get much company so a small tree and a few christmas decorations is all I need I have so many santa dolls and angels mrs santa and of course a chistmas miniature village that is animated and lit up thats enough to try to keep my birds away from at home. Its sure nice not to have to cook anymore the family has grown by 6o7 so who ever does the cooking cooks for about 25 now. I just Love Chistmas its just the best time of year.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/09/29 01:22

I would personally prefer a bird safe tree Jay, but don't think they make those that are in the shape of a christmas tree. This year will be interesting for us, especially since Sterling is in the "tree" corner of the living room. Have been giving it some thought though and may consider using a potted tree to be put out in January - preferably a hardwood.

Jill, send Harvey on - he would be more than welcome! Just remember, he may decide to stay.