NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Won't poop in cage

nevjoe

Greys don't like to poop in their cage, It is their home, and they don't want to soil it. They will hold it all night until you take them out, and then they will go. It's just the way they are. You can't train them to go in their cage.

In addition to Talons explanation there is also another reason they don't want to poop in their cage.. You see, in the wild they are hunted.. They are prey animals.. So if they poop while they are on their sleeping perches on in their sleeping areas they give away their position to the predators on the ground..

So now you have both reasons... :P

Hi Joe!!

It's great to hear from you again and hear more of your adventures with Hemmingway.:laugh:

If that doesn't beat all. Now I know why everytime I go the the breeders and play with Dayo and the clutch, I get dumped on almost instantly.

They must think I'm the "Potty Stand"!! :blink:

I thought they liked me....;)

Guest Lidia

CeasarsDad wrote:

InThey are prey animals.. So if they poop while they are on their sleeping perches on in their sleeping areas they give away their position to the predators on the ground.

That is brilliant, CD, never thought of that! And fascinating. Wonderful animals, aren't they?

Josey poops in her cage too, mine is messy too I guess, but then I have her out she will go over a trash can like CD said. And even my sun conure gets antsy when she is on me and if I put her on her playstand she will go right now, she is learning too.:ohmy: :ohmy:

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem with my 4 year old TAG. If we are gone for the day, it will hold it until you let her out in the evening and then you had better run! The company that makes the cages calls the attatchment a seed catcher, but we know better!

Tee