NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Abundance Feeding

Codys Mom

I'am doing the Abundance feeding with Rudy was just wondering how long do they usually take to wean on their own time? she is 5 months old today and is still on 2 handfeedings one in the morning and one at night, it's not a problem just curious as to how much longer she will want the morning feeding, personally I think she is being greedy lol but she is very healthy and happy little girl and thats all that counts

Debbie_fids_2.jpg

I would expect a grey to be fully weaned at 12-16 weeks. Of course, it varies by bird, but three non-solid feedings at that age seems very excessive.

My opinion is that Rudy is simply enjoying the hand-feeding time, continuing to want more of her time with you. Have you tried moving from hand-feeding formula to feeding bits of solid food? I expect you'll see an immediate shift.

Talk to your vet and get a plan together on how best to wean Rudy to solid food.

When I weaned my CAG, I guess you could say I Abundance fed too, I just kept feeding her untill, Well, I never thought it would happen, BUT, She just wouldnt take it anymore, She would actually take some and then spit it out shortly after, So then I would just give her less, And less, And less, And then it was nothing.

awwwww Gracie is so sweet in her pic, Rudy is taking way more then 20cc's she takes about 20ml which is I think 60cc's every morning and night thats why I called her greedy lol and she is eating solid food she eats her pellets not alot of them but some and she eats her fruits and veggies she eats all day long and still begs for that formula every morning and night , maybe I should cut her formula down at least in the morning she needs to eat more of her pellets for sure , she eats her veggies real good and she loves fruit especially pomagranite since it's in season now , maybe cut her down to 10 ml in the morning and 20ml in the evening? sound ok?