NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

paint

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

firstly, sorry for my abscence these last couple of days i haven't been very well :( i will try and catch up on all the posts a.s.a.p. i hope you are all well.

right.. to the question. i am due to have the living room and my bedroom redecorated soon, and i am going to buy odorless paint, but i was wondering if this is still going to be harmful to Brian. my house is not big, i do have a spare room but it is next to my bedroom so if it is dangerous that would be no good to move him to. do i send him to my mums for a week or will he be ok in the spare room?

Hi Beccy,

Everything I can find on odorless paint say's it's non-toxic and especially good for use around babies, and people who suffer form allergies and breathing problems. It looks like ECO maybe the safest of all from what I can determine.

Maybe others here have already used it?

It would be wise to move your Grey into the room that is not going to be painted and open the window for fresh air if the temperature is good for that.

Guest briansmum

yes i would deffinately move him to the other room, odorless paint or not. i just want to make sure that would be good enough or if he should be out of the house completely,

thanks for your advice, i have read it is ok too, but i always like to check with everyone here aswell. i trust you all more than a random article

There is paint out there that is no-odor, zero voc's. That is the best paint. It still has a slight odor to it. I had Talon's room where she sleeps painted with it, but I moved her into another room for 1 week, and kept the windows open with fans blowing to air it out. It was the middle of winter, so I was able to closed the room off. I moved her back in after 7 days,and all was well. But definitely don't use regular paint unless you can vent it real well, even then I would be careful. I'm sure others here have more info. :)

Guest Monique

We've redecorated quite a few times - always used latex not oil paint. Never kept the birds in the same room as has been in the process of being painted. Never had a problem....