NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How is it that I can talk to Monk all the time...

tatdmommy

With tons of repeating of the same words, then she goes and picks up half of a song she has heard about 6 times and whistles it perfectly??

Is she a smart ass or what? I know whistling is easier than words but come on. I have been doing the same words for 8+ months, lmao. Maybe for the last month I have played the song periodically.:silly:

Thats funny but they choose which words and phrases they will repeat and sometimes it only takes them hearing it once and they will repeat it over and over.

I think a lot of it depends on how you say it, giving emphasis on certain words, the tone of voice and such, try it and see if it works.

They definately choose what they want to repeat. I used to wonder why Whisper would say all kinds of things but not "I love you" even though I said it many times a day for many months. Then one day she just said it and has not stopped.

I also tried for a long time to get her to say "peeka boo" but never once heard her repeat it. I would say Peeka boo, I see you. Then one day many months after I gave up saying it I looked around the door one day and said "peek a boo" to which she chimed in "I see you." Now she will say it pretty frequently. I believe she was able to say these things all along and perhaps was saying them when I was not around.

Another thing I can't under stand is she will sing "Bad bird, bad bird, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for.... She will not put the "you" at the end but will always leave it hanging even though she used the word "you" all the time in other sentences. I sure can't figure out her reasoning.:)

LOL Char!! I guess Whisper has decided there is not "You" in that song as far as your household goes. :P

In response to tatdmommy, I have the same experience with Dayo as Char.

They are indeed very selective of what they like as far as words go. Whistling is a natural. :-)