NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot safe room fragrance?

pearllyn

Hi Folks,

Can anyone suggest a parrot safe room fragrancer? In the past, I've used like some cinnamon or a vanilla pod in a pan of boiling water, I assume thats safe? BUt my kitchen is a mile and a half away from the living room and wondered if any of you have found a safe way to make nice smells!?

Hope you and yours are all well.

Lyn & Alfie

xx

I've found the Yankee Candle reed diffusers to work very well in the bird room. I am currently using a sage and citrus, but have had good luck with all the others I've used. Reed diffusers are a bottle of light-scented liquid with about a dozen reeds stuck into the bottle. The liquid is pulled up in the hollow reeds and put out a small scent.

They are not a spray, nor heavily scented like other Yankee Candle products. There are no particulates or atomized oils spraying around, just a subtle scent.

I wouldn't say they are 'recommended' for bird use, but I've had good results.

I use reed diffusers too - you can remove the reeds when you feel the scent is too strong and re-plug the oil bottle. I got my from the House of Fraser - they're a bit more expensive than your typical air scents (about £18) but they do last forever and aren't an "air borne" scent. This is the link - it's the tall box in the picture:

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/null+Wild+Fig+++Vanilla+Room+Essence+Range/WLDFGVNL,default,pd.html?cgid=1018