NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Incense and Scented Candles

dsaltarelli

Guest jayrich

I think anything with airborne particles such as candles, cigarrettes, aerosols e.g. deoderant, etc are dangerous. I never spray deoderant near a parrot. Although I know a lot of smokers with parrots - not sure if they shorten their lives though.

• 2 years later...

I light inscents in my house alot and they don't really seem to be that "toxic" To my parrot and I have been for months and months. No funny behavior, loss of appitiate, less chattery. Just light them in one room and lock your bird in another for awhile. Inscents are strong but usually not strong enough to cover a whole house.

Incense and candles are very harmful to birds they harm their nasal passages.Moddy you need to do some research on the things that are harmful to your birds.You must be new to the bird world.So I don't use incense,aerisol spray or any household cleaners that are toxic to my birds.

• 3 years later...

I always had incense & candles in my house for years when I had my Amazon & never had a problem. I was totally unaware that they were supposed to be bad for parrots until I bought Murphy & the breeder told me. So since finding out I only use them when he's in bed, in the other room.