NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My New Panama Amazon!

Quickdood

Looks like MBS strikes again. Yesterday I got my Panama Amazon Lucy after three months of waiting. We picked her up at the airport and I felt like I was in a hospital waiting room waiting for my baby to be delivered during the 30 minutes I had to wait at the cargo hanger while she was being unloaded off the plane.

She is very sweet, very cute, and still very much a baby. She still makes her baby noises. Here she is:<br><br>Post edited by: Quickdood, at: 2009/09/14 04:46

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

Your baby is beautiful when I first got my Amazon the people I got her from told me she was a panama but she's not she's a yellow crown even though they look alike the Pamama amazon has white toe nails and the yellow crown has black and another differance is a yellow crown is bigger my yellow crown weighs 425 grams she's a big girl. I can't wait to hear more about your baby I just love Amazons. For that matter I just love birdsLOL

Thanks everyone! She is a bunch of fun! I hear a lot of people try to sell yellow fronted amazons as Panamas. I am pretty sure Lucy is a Panama though. Her nails are a horn color, not black. Also she is much smaller than the yellow fronteds I see at the store. I'll keep you all up-to-date. I hope she gets along with my CAG Lily or at least I hope they tolerate each other.

I hope that your Amazon is like mine I can actually say that she has never bit me and she is 12 yrs old I rescued her when she was 4 yrs old. She is the most wonderful laid back bird I have ever seen. its because of her personality I think that all the other birds in my flock want to be her friend including my 2 Greys the get along great with her and there has never been any kind of confrontation because Fergie(YCA) just would rather walk away rather than fight. Her and Tyco are good friends Tyco is always going over to her cage to play, in fact all the birds go over to her cage to play because she gets along with them all I hope you find that your new baby us as wonderful as my sweet girl is. I would be totally lost without her inmy life.

Tycos_mom wrote:

I hope that your Amazon is like mine I can actually say that she has never bit me and she is 12 yrs old I rescued her when she was 4 yrs old. She is the most wonderful laid back bird I have ever seen. its because of her personality I think that all the other birds in my flock want to be her friend including my 2 Greys the get along great with her and there has never been any kind of confrontation because Fergie(YCA) just would rather walk away rather than fight. Her and Tyco are good friends Tyco is always going over to her cage to play, in fact all the birds go over to her cage to play because she gets along with them all I hope you find that your new baby us as wonderful as my sweet girl is. I would be totally lost without her inmy life.

Wow sounds like you have a wonderful Amazon. It is hard to tell my birds personality so far because it is still very much a baby but it doesn't bite and from what I can tell it is much more out going than my grey. I hope she turns out as well as your Fergie.

Also thanks for everyone's comments!