NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Owner for Lilo

judygram

I am the new owner of Lilo, he arrived at my doorstep with all his possessions early this afternoon and he is doing just fine so far. He is sitting in his travel cage at the moment looking around and taking in all the new to him surroundings.

I really had not planned to get another bird much less a grey at this time, I had thought that the next addition might possibilly be a caique but the opportunity presented itself and I just couldn't turn it down.

This is my first venture into rehoming as both Josey and Sunny were just weaned birds when I brought them into my house and Lilo is 3 years old and this is his second home.

Lilo is about the same age as Josey and I was told by our resident expert Dave that the two of them would most likely adjust to each other fairly well without much problem so here we are.

He is a beautiful grey, a little darker shade of grey than Josey and they are in the same room where they can see each other and neither one of them has made any agressive looking move so far but time will tell.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow when they are both out and they get a chance to see one another closer up and without cage bars between them.

For those who might ask, no I am not doing quarantine because Lilo and my birds and are all healthy and have not been with any other birds so the risk is very miminal to none.

Congratulations Judy, how exciting!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Karma to you for taking in a Grey in need of a good and loving forever home.

So now you have a Male and Female Grey ....hubba hubba :P

Can't wait to hear how the first 24 hours went and seeing those photos. :-)

danmcq wrote:

So now you have a Male and Female Grey ....hubba hubba :P

Lilo has not been dna'd, Eve called him a he for she felt like he was a male but we shall see as I plan on getting that test done so I will know for sure as I may change the name.

Don't worry even if Lilo turns out to be a male there won't ever be any little Lilos or Joseys for these are pets not breeder birds.

Judy, I am so excited for you!:woohoo: You are going to make an excellent mommy to Lilo. It's great he found a wonderful home to go to. I hope Sunny and Josey don't have too much trouble adjusting to a new member of the family but I'm sure they will be fine. Can't wait to hear how things go in the next few weeks as you guys get to know eachother and will be looking for those new pics you promised. Congrats!

I knew I'd rumbled you the other night when you were telling me you had some exciting news this weekend and I asked if it had anything to do with the forum and you laughed! You tinker - I knew it!

Judy, I am so pleased that lilo has found you. You are one kind, loving lady and I'm proud to call you my friend. I am sure eve is so happy to have lilo re-home in such a fantastic home.