NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pooping

Enzo

Hi Guys & Gals

How do i atleast try n control her pooing on the carpet. Sofa's n my clothes my wife is really getting annoyed now.. lol i'vr even offered to clean the whole carpet lols.. Was wondering if you guys knew of a carpet cleaner or something that helps clean the poop up and not leave a mark?? Their are stain marks everywere she has pooped.. Someone reccomended using clear vinegar to kill what little odour you have have and more importantly remove the stain is that something someone could shed some light on??

Many Thanks

Jay

I presume it's your bird pooping on the carpet and not your wife!!!!!

Harvey is toilet trained. All you have to do is spot the little bum wiggle that they do before hand - then race them to the spot you'd like to get them to do it in - say "go poop" or whatever signal you like and when she does poop, give her heaps of praise.

I thought it was impossible at first - but it is so worth it. Don't get me wrong - if Harvey can't be bothered to return to his playstand to poop, he'll just go - but mostly he will wait until he's back there.

I find that normal washing up liquid on a cloth will remove to poop - but if it does happen i make sure I lift the green bit carefully as this will be the bit that stains the most!! :laugh:

Jilly is right, a little patience is well worth it, and your bird will learn where you want her to go - wether or not she will go there always is another matter!

ALfie does know, but sometimes chooses not to - I'm hoping she will grow out of it!

For those little accidents we use Poop-Off

( www.poop-off.com )

It does the job and is completely bird safe!

Happy toilet training!

Lyn & Alfie

x