NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bathtime Breakthrough!

pearllyn

Sorry to admit it, but i am envious of all you!! I'm having so much trouble bathing Took. He absolutely hates it. I tried the bowl, the spray, a bath, the sink, and taking him into the shower. nothing works. Now when I bring him into the bathroom while I shower for a bit of humidity, he just stands right in front of the door, facing the door. occasionally looking back at me pleading to open that door and let him escape.

I'm with you, munch. It's been a real challenge trying to find a way to get Moussa wet. He'll play with a dish of water, but he gets everything wet except himself. I've sprayed him gently with a spray bottle and he screams and carries on like I'm spraying him with acid, and then he's mad at me for a while. He will sit on the shower rail while a take a shower and so he does get a good dose of humidity regularly. He hasn't taken the plunge to fly down to me in the shower, but I figure if he just sees me in the water, maybe he'll conclude that the stuff isn't deadly after all. Sigh. They sure don't make it easy, do they?

Don't give up you two, I have had the exactly the same prob with Alfie, this thread was started when I just about began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. She absolutely hates the spray bottle and thrashes about something wicked. I now shower her in her travel cage and she sits quiet and accepts it, but it was a long time coming. You might still end up with a bird you will humour you at showertime. x

This is Neo right after his bath:

bath.jpg

I bathe him in the kitchen sink and spray a mist with a bottle at the same time. Today is the first time he spread his wings while I was spraying him. He either liked it or was trying to fly away. I would like to think it's the former but honestly believe it's the latter, darn it!