NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dayo - Week 11

danmcq

Dayo is coming a long well at the Breeders. When I walked in, it wasn't 1 minute and he was at the front of the cage wanting out. When the Breeder opened the door, he climbed on to it and step up for me. The Breeder wasn't certain it was him , so she checked the Band it it in fact was him. :-)

They are starting to fly down from around 3 feet high now with a little encouragement and are more exploratory than ever.

After I had been there about 1 and a half hours playing with most the Babies, one of them decided to nail the back oh my hand when it got close and latched on. So I pushed into the bite and it released. Then as I had slowly pulled back my hand to my side, it Flew straight over to the same hand and landed Beak down on the back of my hand in perfect form :-) and REALLY latched on leaving both a bottom and top beak pentration.

The Breeder was shocked that it had attacked, as they are still so young. But, this Grey has always been a loner and stand-offish. Maybe it doesn't like me or just humans in general. It has always stayed by itself while the others play, run around and expierment.

So, now thats two days in a row of being bitten by different Parrots. I guess this officially makes me a proud member of the Bite Me Club ;-)

With all that said, here's some Pic's from todays visit.

Reduced_Dayo_Side_71507.JPG

Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/16 02:02

Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/16 02:03

Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/16 02:04

Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/16 02:04<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/16 02:21

Reduced_Dayo_Side_71507.JPG

lol the Parrot Bite Me Club. That's great Dayo enjoys your company and recognizes you. Makes so much less for him to get used to upon getting home.

I can't help but mention the BC Rich on the wall. If that was my breeder I would be shaking the paint off the walls with not much Parrot interaction happening haha.:laugh:

Dan, Lovely pictures!! Thanks for the update. Sounds like things are off to a great start, he loves you!!

{Love-000200BF}

Welcome to the Parrot Bite Me club!! Since you came up with the name, would you be CEO and start up a thread for this? I mean since you have such experience with biting!! I bet there would be some stories to tell!

I Thought someone might think the Club Name was laughable :-)

Yes, the Breeders Husband is in a Band, in fact the reason I didn't visit yesterday as usual, was because they played at a concert down south in Los Angeles last night.

The Greys are already making some interesting noises...hmmm, I wonder where they get those from ;-)

Glad to hear Dan that your little one is responding to your presence, that is a good feeling to know he recognizes you. And he is coming along nicely, getting fully feathered and all. Should be bringing him home soon.

Sorry about the bite, I hate to see the person who gets that one, they better watch out.

The Parrot Bite Me Club, thankfully I am not a member of YET.:huh:

Talon - LOL ..... I'm not sure I want to be known as the "The Parrot Bite Me Club" founder due to my terrible track record of late, but ok :woohoo:

Ok, I will, but as CEO of it, I no longer need to do the "Receiving" anymore. It will be delegated to "Support Staff" :evil:

Okay, sounds great! I'm sure there are lots of us that are in the receiving mode, especially when going through the terrible two's! :S

Support Staff is even better....you can tell us what size band-aids are the best!!:laugh: :laugh:

Guest Lidia

I think the "Bite Me" thread is a brilliant idea! We might as well all ground ourselves in reality so that when the inevitable happens we cannot claim surprise.

Poor Dan, are you feeling that there's a parrot conspiracy against you? At least it isn't Dayo that's biting you.

He looks absolutely gorgeous, I envy all of you with baby birds, they are soooooo cute, all new and shiny.

B)

Lidia wrote:

We might as well all ground ourselves in reality so that when the inevitable happens we cannot claim surprise.

Poor Dan, are you feeling that there's a parrot conspiracy against you? At least it isn't Dayo that's biting you.

He looks absolutely gorgeous, I envy all of you with baby birds, they are soooooo cute, all new and shiny.

B)

Hi Lidia!

I do believe that the Parrot World had transmitted a heads up to ALL to Bite DanmcQ on sight :-)

Actually, it is probably my own stupidity, of not being prepared for the "Possiblity" of it happening...

Your right, Dayo did not bite, it was just that one "Loner from Hell" that I should have just left a lone. The other 5 baby CAG's were just fine :-)