NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

On 09/11

JillyBeanz

Yes today will always be remembered for the obvious reason but it has special meaning for me as it is the day my youngest granddaughter was born. She celebrates her third birthday today, so even though I am sad about the people who died and were affected by the tragedy I have a beautiful granddaughter to be thankful for.

I lost my sister, Kim, on this day...but in 1999, she was 37 years old. I remember in 2001 on this day...I woke up in the morning, turned on the TV, muted it, and called my mother to see how she was doing on the 2 year anniversary of Kim dying. As I talked to her, I watched the news and saw planes flying into buildings and thought I was watching a movie. My mother hadn't heard of it yet. She had just woken up herself. That was a weird day!! I was working in a psych hospital at the time and that afternoon when I went to work, they had all the TVs on and the patients were quite disturbed...more so than usual. We had a lot of intakes that day...such a weird day that was!!! Such a sad day for those families whose loved ones were killed...and those who diverted the one plane from killing even more people....the courage those people had!! My thoughts and prayers go out to those people who lost loved ones on that awful day. :(<br><br>Post edited by: HeatherStrella, at: 2009/09/13 04:02