NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Where to find a reputable breeder

croz124

I posted a topic last night about internet ad scams and we are totally fed up. A pet store is out of the question, so our next route is through a breeder. Trying to determine who is genuine about the welfare of their Grays and who is out to make a buck could pose another challenge for us. If anyone is willing to recommend a reputable breeder, we would certainly appreciate it. We live about 30 min from Va. Beach, VA. if that helps. We have never owned a Gray, but have had smaller birds. We understand the commitment and time involved in taking care of African Grays and have educated ourselves as much as possible without having one yet. We wanted one years ago but realized it would not be fair to any bird with trying to raise young children and starting new careers. Things have settled down for us now as we have nothing but time to care for one and make him/her welcome in our family.

hello-

I took a quick look on birdbreeders.com...here is an aviary located in Richmond- looks like they have good reviews.

http://www.birdiebrainsaviary.com/

I'm originally from VAB so the drive wouldn't be too bad to check em out...bird breeders also lists aviaries in williamsburg and hampton you could see, but i like ones that have reviewers to back em up.

hope that helps!

Robin