NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My Brush with the Law!

JillyBeanz

On the way home this evening I came through some roadworks (coned off, one lane only 50mph speed limit). In front of me was a big jam sandwich police car.

Once out of the roadworks (or so I thought) he didn't overtake the car in front of him, so I pulled my cruise control back (it was set to 70mph) and my car accelerated past him (full indicators etc).

Next thing I know, there he was, all lights and sirens a blazing! I pulled over and played the dumb blonde (isn't hard, apart from the fact I'm a brunette).

He's tugged me because at the time I'd overtaken him the 50 speed limit still applied.

I played dumb, battered my eyelashes and apologised profusely. After a little lecture he sent me on my way - PHEW!

Moral of the story - Car manufacturers should make cars that don't do over the speed limit! They gave me that accelerator for a reason!!!! ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to say that last year I was caught by a speed camera doing 35 in a 30 mile speed zone. I had the choice of paying a fine and having 3 points on my licence or paying £90 to go on a speed awareness course and avoid the points. I done the course and I have kept the speed down since.

JillyBeanz wrote:

One year old car, owned by a woman - no crashes.

One week old boat, owned by a man - mmmmm! Fill in the dotted line Bernie ........! :laugh:

la,la,la,la,la, not listening.

OK so I bent it 6.gif

But I am saying nothing about me hitting the gate post with my Caravan.

UM Doh! 7.gif

JillyBeanz wrote:

I made the gate wider just before I got the caravan.

So - it's even worse! The gap was wider! You have the cheek to take the mick out of me!!!!

And Sheila, from now on - you'll be forever in my heart as "Skippy"!!! :laugh:

Even worse than that. I was a driving instructor for seven years with my own business and 4 cars.

And an International Rally driver for 4 years.

I think woman make better drivers than men because they dont show off.

We all make mistakes.

Supernova wrote:

I think woman make better drivers than men because they dont show off.

I'm glad you've never seem me drive Bernie, I have a little bit of a lead foot, and love to make my little sports car take off, overtake, and leave sittin' in my dust a few of those other cars....lol.

Once upon a time I managed to get out a traffic ticket - doing about 70 mpg in a 45 zone, on a deserted little highway. All alone in the car, rose bush in the back seat, boom box in the front with a cooler of Coke's and a bag of goldfish. The officer, in his officer way, asked me if I knew how fast I was going and what I was doing. Politely told him "no, I'm sorry, I was listening to the music, drinking a coke and eating some goldfish....want some?" He busted out laughing. He asked who the rose bush was for (my father I informed him) and then told me to slow down a little, Dad would still like to get the rose bush. Took a coke, a handful of goldfish and followed me for 20 miles. No ticket though!