NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Adaya Loves My youngest Daughter

Tycos_mom

Its so sad because Adaya constatly flys to her and wants Andraya to spend time with her but ever since I had that Cockatoo for awhile Andraya is very leary of larger birds. Mr. Magoo would attack and bite her and draw blood every chancehe got so now when a bird flys to her she gets very scared being bitten by a large too constantly is not fun. Adaya doesn't want to bite her she wants to be friends. I'm hoping that Adaya will win her over so she can get over her fear so far all she does is give her to me every time Adaya lands on her and says here take your bird.

It's the same in our house Pat - at first Harvey loved Katie - went to her all the time - then he starting nipping her. Now he flies to her all of the time and she's afraid - and just won't touch him. She's happy for him to sit on her knee, but that's as far as it goes. I keep trying too - I hope it's successful for you. :)

Sorry to hear that Tyco, I have a similar experience with my fiance and mom being very cautious about birds because of my conure. Onyx was hatched and raised by an older gentleman for the first 2 years of his life and up till about 6 months ago never even saw a female human before. We're working diligently to stop him from charging any girl to approach the cage and get him more sociable. Needless to say my fiance took a pretty wicked bite to the finger tip and seeing that was enough to instill fear into my mom. They're both getting better since Linus, one of my greys, prefers women greatly to men. Although he does let men handle him.