NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Little More Love

Titch

Well, things are going strength to strength. The pair are getting closer everyday.. Since altering the way I handle Echo slightly, it's made her so much more manageable. She's quite highly strung and very spookable, someone might drop something next door and Echo will shoot off, Chiku will still have her head in the food bowl, not a care in the world lol.. Before - Echo was quite hard to handle, nippy, and quite demanding.. As I posted before, I decided not to completely pander to Echo's stroppyness whilst ensuring she didn't feel pushed away by our new arrivals appearance. So I often alternate which bird gets fed first, they sit together on my desk perch and will receive pomegranate each one from each hand so it's simultaneous, they both get lots of attention. i got worried about Echo being so #1 that she actually would begin looking on me as a "mate" which as we know is not healthy in the long run. So although it is a little difficult for me, I've just altered the way I do things and made sure both birds know that I'M #1. A member on here said not to get involved with their sorting out of the pecking order, so i've laid off them a little, just intervening if Echo gets too rough as Chiku is still only a little baby, just 14 weeks old to Echo's 10 months! When Chiku has muscle, I shall leave her to have it out knowing they can both give as good as they can get (obviously without it getting out of hand)

However, i don't think it will come to that, as the evidence is shown below :D :D :D

8723_135299171043_692351043_3025159_5227153_n.jpg