NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby Talk

tracie

Chicken has been such a quiet bird. He really didn't make much noise at all. I thought he was gonna be one of those greys that would never talk (which was really fine with me). Well, a few days ago he started "stretching" his voice. He would go from low grumbling noises to loud screeching noises. He was only doing it for a few minutes in the morning until today. Today he has been making noises all day. He almost has a perfect whistle already. He seems to do it more if I talk back to him and mimic the noises he is making. It really is the funniest thing :lol:

I wish I could record it for you all, but I know he would stop the minute the camera came out. I tried to get him to do it for someone on the telephone and he shut up and looked at me like I was nuts.

Well congratulations on the beginning of sounds effects and rumblings!!

Get the video cam out and get him used to being taped. Thats what I had to do also. The minute I would bring it out, he shut-up. :-)

So I just started keeping it out and pointing it at him when he would start talking. Eventually they get to where the don't seem to think anything of it.

• 3 weeks later...