NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Where is there a Good Breeder?

Greyfeathers14

B) ok, i really dont want to feel like im rushing into anything but i was just wondering where there are some good places to get a sweet handfed timneh grey. where did u get your greys. i want to investigate different breeders to make sure they are top quality nd their babies are healthy and socialized. leave any links please:blush:

You could google african grey breeders and see what comes up, narrow the search by state, check to see if there are any bird clubs in your state, or contact local avian vets to see if they know of any breeders. Those are my suggestions, maybe someone else has more. But that will get you started.

Wendy Craig is one of the best breeders in the country, in how she handles, raises and fledges her birds. They are incredibly sociable and confident when they get to their new homes. She specializes in several of the very endangered macaw species, and also Greys! In fact she has a bumper crop of Timnehs this year.

I live with two of her Red-fronted Macaws, and know several other people with birds from her and everyone thinks they are just awesome. She will also give you all the help in the world if you have questions going into getting a new bird.

She's at http://www.wendysparrots.com

raz

p.s. She's in Texas, near Dallas, but I have friends all over the country with her babies, including Delaware, Minnesota, and the Virgin Islands.<br><br>Post edited by: carlylu, at: 2007/07/18 02:25

• 2 months later...

I am actually in the process right now of buying a Timneh Grey from Wendy! She is wonderful!!! I am soo glad I researched and talked to other breeders but when I talked to her she was just awesome! She answers any questions and she is sending me a pic ever week of my baby. Heart will be ready soo to come home I can't wait! If you want to message me go right ahead. But just wanted to let you know about my experience so far with Wendy I would highly recommend her!

Hopefully Wendy won't mind, but here is a picture of her and Heart that she sent me a few weeks ago. She still has a few Timneh's available I know that. Hope I helped a little. I am new to this too lol. And we live in WV. She is in TX like carlylu said. But she will ship them to you. Heart4.JPG

Heart4.JPG