NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot Pie

JillyBeanz

No, no, no - don't be too shocked - I'm a veggie remember!!

When Harvey is being naughty I tell him I'm going to make "parrot pie" out of him - although I doubt it would feed the family!!

I think I might have to stop - because I am sure he's going to repeat it - I've just said it to him and he's made the low rumblings of roughly the same syllables!

Imagine him shouting - "Parrot Pie" at the top of his voice - I'll have the Parrot Social Services at my door!!! :lol:

JillyBeanz wrote:

I think I might have to stop - because I am sure he's going to repeat it - I've just said it to him and he's made the low rumblings of roughly the same syllables!

You reckon Jill, that would be hilarious to have him say that sometime when some company is over for dinner, what a hoot!

{Feel-good-0002006E}

Lol that is great. When I am preparing the whole chicken to roast it Rangi loves to watch and is so curious and I tell him this will be you "roast rangi" if you don't behave. He now knows the word for chicken.<br><br>Post edited by: Jane08, at: 2009/09/04 13:28

Steve - you have to find that video!!

I sit and wish my life away hoping Harvey will speak - I read everyone's posts about what their parrots say (and how young!!) but Harvey just grumbles - fingers crossed he'll be one of the ones that talk - I'll still love him if he doesn't - I had a cockatiel for 17 years that wasn't even tame (I adopted it and it never let me touch it) - but loved him and cared for him until that dreadful day in January this year :(