NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Totally unexpected but he's here

Joolesgreyuk

SN850160.jpg

It's a long story but I am now the proud owner of a 3 year old hahns macaw. Previously named Harvey (which my son has decided to change to Argyle lol) and suspected male.

Having arrived about 24 hrs ago I have allowed him this long to get used to his surroundings before inviting him out of his cage. He has come out but has remained sat on the cage door and is still there now about 90 mins later lol! I have been told by the previous owner that he is very tame, loves kisses, cuddles, head scratches etc. but so far shows no interest in being friendly towards me and has lunged at me a few times so I decided to not push it and wait 'till he's ready to be friends. He is a great little talker and has already been saying "hello" and something "boy" amongst other things I can't quite make out atm.

Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Oh btw, some more pics of Beau - who appears quite nervous of his new friend lol!

SN850153-1.jpg

...with hubby and...

SN850156.jpg

...doing what he does best, destroying my cushions ;-)

Congratulations on the new Hanhs Macaw!!

Just time and patience Jooles, Argyle is getting used to his new surroundings and flock. :-)

They are wonderful and normally VERY friendly birds. I had one fly straight over to me one day and use my nose as a perch!! :pinch: Of course, I promptly had him step onto my finger. They love attention. :-)

Hey, what happened to the photos???????

I see them here Julie, don't know what is going on with the first ones but he is a good looking bird, just give him some time and he will warm up to you and your family.

That Beau is a bad birdie chewing those cushions but a cutie, thanks for sharing the pictures with us and congrats on your new addition to the flock.

Julie, he is a beauty!

I bet you are so proud to be a new parront again:)

It will take a while for your new baby to settle in with everything being new to him but patience is the key and I know you will be fine.

Keep us posted, I want to see lots of pictures and plenty of updates.

Congratulations I know how much you have been wanting one of these wonderful birds, a great addition to your family:)

Sheila, a friend of a client had been looking for a new home for him for a long time but wasn't going to advertise him because she wanted him to go to a home where she knew he'd be spoilt & loved. She also has a grey and couldn't devote the time to him she said he deserved. I told her I wouldn't be able to buy him until after Christmas, possibly April but she didn't want to hang on to him until then knowing he was going, she said she was prepared to wait for the money, as it happened I took the money from another fund because I din't want to owe it. Long story lol.

Oh my god! I leave you for one day and look what happens without me!! I know you've wanted a Hahns forever - and look what you've got!

I couldn't believe it when I opened this post!! They are both beautiful - I can't believe it!!

I only have one problem with "Argyle" - perhaps Shearer might have been a better option? :whistle: