NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cannibal

JillyBeanz

Josey will take a chicken bone any time, she loves to break it up to get that marrow in the middle, it is amazing how easily they can crack and dismantle that bone, thanks for sharing that pic with us, he looks to be enjoying it immensely, yum, yum good stuff.

Lol this is a funny picture. I actually get very weird looks when I tell people I have fed my birds chicken or eggs. I have to ask them does it make us cannibals when we eat our fellow mammals like cows? They seem to not look at it so weird then.

You can go to a animal feeds store that sells all types of food for all types of animals and you can purchase a bag of oyster chips and give about 1/2 tablespoon of them mixed in his food ( once a week). That will provide the calcium that the birds normally get when eating different types of animal bones. Doing that will allow you to follow your feeding regimen. Make sure you get chips, not grit.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/08/31 23:34

I'm vegetarian too - have been for over 20 years - I don't eat anything that had a face! I don't mind other people eating meat - I don't mind preparing it either, just not my choice to eat it.

All I'll say is - the peace from a chicken bone consumption is a blessing!!! :laugh:

GreYt photo!!

They do love those large chicken bones, especially the marrow.

Speaking of chicken, I'm getting hungry. :-)

How does anyone know fruit and veggies don't have a face? We just don't recognize it. They have recorded plants screaming when picked, trimmed etc. .... So I have become an Oxygenarian and survive off breathing alone. Talk about rapid weight loss.... :P

Ha Ha! I've not been able to eat dinner tonight - that pea looked so human, the carrot had a little nose and the corn - well, looked like little mice!

That's it Dan - I can't look at my dinner in the same way EVER again! But I'm liking your diet idea (can I still drink? Whoops, back to my favourite topic!!) :laugh:

For the vegitarians that dont wanna buy or deal with a ton of meat, but still like the idea of giving animal protien to their birds: Tyr freezedried mealworms. My birds love them, they are cheap and healthy for them. You can buy them online at most wild bird websites. May I suggest not kissing your fid right after meal time though?

• 2 months later...

I know! I thought the same thing primarily!! Not a stupid question at all. Like Judy says - they don't try to eat the bone - they merely slice it for the marrow - eat the marrow and throw away the splinters - whereas a dog would indeed swallow the splinters and remnants of the bone. :)