NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bekkie nearly killed herself

Bekkie

I had a scare today, when I came back from town I found Bekkie hanging by her feet from a rope I used to tie her playing balls with on the playstand.She somehow got tangled in the rope and could have hurt herself very badly. I immediately removed the ropes after I took her off, and she is ok now. I attached a photo of the rope on the playstand to show you all not to make the same mstake as I did.It can be fatal for the bird.

rope.JPG

rope.JPG

Hi Bekkie,

That scene coming in to your home would send lightening bolts through you!

In looking at the photo, that string or piece of leather attaching to the ball looks too short to wrap around your greys leg easily.

Is it just the angle of the camera that makes it look so short?

If the cord really is that short, then it would seem that any length over an inch or so could be very dangerous to any Parrot.

Thank god he didn't chew his leg off!!!

The camera angle makes it looks shorter than it actually is, it's about 3 inches long, but it is double so her foot got caught between it and when I arrived home she was hanging upside down looking dead because she did not even move, I quess she was very tired at that stage.

oh my gosh,tho chico allways gets his leg stick or somthing but im glad im there when it happens i have chucked out all the toys that he was getting stuck in.So i got new one's.I would take it out bekkie.Evan tho the likes it.:ohmy: :ohmy: Is she ok?

Guest Lidia

Bekkie, perhaps you might try using rawhide strips instead of rope. It cannot get tangled up and it will put your mind at rest.