NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

husband hater

Hi, Squonk is my baby dna sexed boy aged 5 months, he is a dream with my daughter and I but already growls menacingly at my husband, Paul. Paul handled him when we first had him but now gets a good old telling off if he even tries to change his seed and water, is this normal ie Greys prefering the opposite sex or is it a myth? :kiss:

Hello Fendana and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could finally introduce yourself and we look forward to hearing more about you and Squonk.

It is true that greys will pick a favorite but it is false that it is someone of the opposite sex, my grey is bonded to me and she is female but she tolerates my hubby. It is also true that at some point in time they can change who their favorite person is.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Squonk you would share with us we would appreciate it.

Welcome Fendana and Squonk!!

It's GreYt having you here.

It sounds like you have a loving Grey with an attitude towards Men. :P

That can pass with time and patience. If your husband takes part in the feeding and cage cleaning activities and just let Squonk growl. But, doesn't try to interact at a close level until he is comfortable with your husband. You just never know what will set one of these episodes off that takes time to correct.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing photos. :-)

Hi Fendana - Welcome to the Forum. I've just been laughing as Harvey is now the same towards my husband. I've just shouted through Dan's advice about sharing feeding, but he's just shouted back "but I don't like anything in his bowl"!

You'll find all of the information you need from here - I do regularly! Looking forward to seeing some photos of Squonk (incidentally - what a fab name!)!! ;)