NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Online Radio Show (MP3) on African Grey Parrots

ScottY

I've listened for 20 minutes Scotty - not enthralled - she's a bit of a loony! I haven't head any "expert" advice - she's talked about going to England to Camelot (which doesn't exist), dogs and oh yes "her book" but nothing enjoyable!

She's just quoted that dogs and parrots are "different species". Mmmm! I'm no expert - but even I knew this!!

She's also just said they are "telepathic" - I know they are clever, but come on!

Sorry, I've had to switch her off! Others may find her interesting - I don't!

JillyBeanz & LuvParrots: Sorry to hear you both were underwhelmed with the podcast. As far as her so called 'loony' ideas go, I just figured all parrot owners have got to be at least a little loony to want to keep a parrot (aka: wild animal! :woohoo: :laugh:

Despite perhaps a couple of the more esoteric notions expressed, I still believe the podcast provides some sound informative insight about African Grey Parrots that both owners and potential owners whould appreciate. In particular for me,learning that CAG's and TAG's each have a different maturation rate, of which results in how to best raise them during the critical first 2-3 years, and the discovery that African Greys are 'partial ground feeders', of which may contribute to the reason for their heightened sensitivity and reaction to new toys and objects when first introduced.<br><br>Post edited by: ScottY, at: 2009/08/30 03:08