NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

whats wrong with powder coated cages

maggie1980

im looking for a cage for when i get my new baby cag in 8 weeks i had picked a cage that said it was parrot safe and it was powder coated but i have now read on this forum that u shouldnt get a powder coated cage could sumone give me advice on this please!

I don't remember any topic concerning the quality of powder coated cages being poor.

The 3 most used cages are

1--a cage which is painted and can be chipped, bitten and rusts quickly

2--a powder coated cage which is rust proof, chip proof for quite a long time.

3--a stainless steel cage which can never have any problems at all

If a powder coated cage costs approx $350, the same stainless steel cage will cost approx $750 or more.

Powder coated cages are the ones most recommended because of price and generally good quality.

My birds have powder coated cages and a big one in the back yard for sunny days. The indoor cages get cleaned and scrubbed every other day (of course the food and water gets switched daily) The outdoor cage gets scrubbed and hosed off weekly. All 3 look as good as the day we brought them home despite the gnawing on from our beavers...errrr...birds and swinging from metal attached toys. With all of the new things you will have to worry about after bringing your baby home, a powder coated cage shouldnt even be on the radar.