NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How do your birds get along?

chezron

Brutus has a little brother who is a quaker parakeet named Jimpster. Jimpster and Brutus didn't have much previous interaction as Brutus is flighted and Jimpster was not. Since then, Jimpster's flight feathers have grown in and he flies to wherever Brutus is hanging out. Jimpster is obsessed with Brutus and whether he is getting food or attention from us. Brutus is fairly complacent, and sometimes chases Jimpster away, but more often than not he allows Jimpster to hang out close by. Now, Jimpster is getting brazen and going into Brutus' cage. I am afraid one of these days it may turn ugly, and Brutus could seriously hurt Jimpster if he gets tired of the little squirt barging into his space. What has been your experience with companion birds?

I have 3 greys and 2 quakers. Everyone is flighted. One of the quakers( male) constantly flies all over and to the grey's cages and there's no problems. The other quaker( female) flies around to the grey's cages and tries to constantly cause trouble with one of the greys including biting the TAG's feet. Been going on for years.

Ana Grey use to try and touch Sully, my Eclectus, with her beak. He would rear up at her and shriek. She has stopped pestering him when I am around (she and I have had many talks about her pestering him) and all is calm now. I don't leave them outside their cages without me because I don't want Sully with his large beak, going after Ana Grey because she wants to be his friend and he is not going for it. Ana Grey is just a year old and Sully is at least 10 years old and much more regal and stand-offish than my rambunctious grey.

Wow! Dave- you have peace with THREE quakers! I am impressed, and much more calm about the whole situation now. Brutus is like a big goofy golden retriever and puts up with most anything. He really amazes me. We take him downtown in a backpack carrier and all sorts of people talk to him. Dogs go by and kids scream, and nothing fazes him. One time, though, a rambunctious dog made him growl. That is the only time I have seen him upset.

Buddy, my senegal, is constantly picking fights with Schroeder. Schroeder really wants to be friends and letts Buddy pick on him - to a point. When Schroeder has had enough, he launches Buddy across the room.....And then, I hear the cute little senegal wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. No joke.

well I have 3 birdies and so far KC my Eckie gets along ok with Rudy my Tag, they play on top of each others cages but KC will try his best to sneak in Rudys cage but I always make him come out, now as far as Opey my quaker he does not like Rudy in any way shape or form, he tries his best to bite her every chance he gets, in fact he bit her toe the other day cause she flys and she landed on top of his cage, it's ok though it wasn't a bad bite, now as far as Opey and KC they get along ok except KC does not want Opey around his cage, he will growl and run him off, weird huh guess they just have their own personalities

Debbie_fids_2.jpg

Well, my CAG and Conure have an agreement, the CAG is the "CHASOR" and the Conure is the "CHASEE".

The Conure would love to just be buddies, but not the CAG. The Conure is just a source of amusement ..... :-)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2009/08/27 15:15