NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby Squonk digging!

Fendana

I am really worried about my 5 month old baby CAG. He seems very healthy but unsettled, he has a large cage about 5 feet tall which goes down to about 6 inches off the ground, he likes to spend most of time, when not out of cage with me, digging at nothing on the bottom or in his seed dish head first digging out all the seed and still digging when all the seed is gone. I have made him lots of toys and give him various treats, TV on if I am not there and he is in his cage next to the Lovebirds, mind you my little hen lovebird does the same. Is this normal and what can I do if it isn't, I paray he is happy with us, we love him dearly! :S

Thanks guys, have just had cuddles and my daughter managed to get him in easily, he is scratching in an empty food bowl now, the other is full so we don't let him go hungry! He seems to already be a sunflower seed junkie.When we got him from the breeder 2 weeks ago he gave us a sack of food, it looks delicious, seeds, dried fruit monkey nuts and a few pellets whiuch he won't touch, should I get him on a pellet diet soon and if so how can I get him to take to it and also can you tell me if, in your opinions, you think it best for him. He likes the odd grape and nectarine, enjoys being gently sprayed with warm water with aloe vera in it and is a happy little soul but I need to know if I am making any early mistakes..... X

Fresh vegetables of every kind are better than fruit. along with a pellet diet is best try Zupreem fruit maintenance most birds take to it readily. Fruit is good also but more veggies like broccoli sweet potatoes or yams turnips snap peas green beans carrots romaine lettuce beet tops are all very good for your bird cooked yams or sweet potatoes are usually a favorite and cooked squash also just put the in the micro wave for 4or5 minutes and scrape out the inside my birds don't come up for air till their dishes are empty. just remember no mushrooms, avocado, onions, and garlic onions and garlic are ok if in small amounts like spaghetti sauce. avocado is toxic to your bird and mushrooms are a fungus and are not healthy for your bird. other than that give your bird lots of healthy foods. a little fish chicken and lean beef is also good once in a while.