NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

candles/fireplace and bird...

lovemybird!

Hello, I am a newcomer with a 5 month old Congo grey named Zuri.. I am a candle burner and wonder about whether or not I can continue burning candles in the room my bird is kept, or do I need to confine it to another room? Also, what about a fireplace in the winter? I want to protect those little lungs! As a bragging new mom I am tickled to say the little one has started talking. I get "good morning" in the morning. Uh Oh, and yesterday I got an I love you! Oh, and Zuri screamed my kids names yesterday! (Don't know where it could have gotten that) HA! Look forward to getting your replies, and if anyone has any new grey owner bits of info., tricks of the trade I suppose, I would appreciate it. Thanx!

Hello, Lovemybird, I am afraid you will have to put the candles away, their respiratory systems are much more sensitive than ours. I used to use them too but now I don't, but we do use a fireplace in the winter and no harm from that.

If you are looking for info we have oddles of threads with a wealth of info for you to read. But you can ask specific questions and we will do our best to answer them for you.

Welcome to our family and we look forward to hearing more about Zuri, I like that name. Post a picture of Zuri if you have one.:)

Hello & Welcome! Judy is right. NO CANDLES!! The fragrances in them are toxic to all birds. I live near a candle factory, and love the smells, but had to stop using them because of Talon.

There are many different types of info here, just look around, and feel free to ask us anything that you can't find the answer to!

We love stories & pictures, so please post away!

And again, Welcome to our Family!! :cheer:

Thank you for the replies. Guess I will have to give up the candles! Zuri means beautiful in African. Don't know if it's a girl or boy yet, waiting on the results... Thought it could be a beautiful boy or girl name ! I will post pix as soon as I find my cord to my camera to download. Again thank you!