NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Perching & Preening

jessdecutie18

Two things that I find odd with Yoshi that might not be so odd lol:

We have had Yoshi almost a week now and despite all the different perches we bought him (rope, wood, cement, baby links (lol)) he is almost always just sitting on his empty metal food bowl. Two are filled with food and water, which I have never seen him touch his food bowl in his cage, it's still full of food. On the other side are two extra bowls, one with treats usually in it and the other empty... he sits there, usually poops a lot in it lol... his two smaller bowls on his playstand he uses all the time, and he always devours his food in that bowl... it seems he just wants to eat when he is out of his cage... I even put millet in his cage which he hardly has touched...

Also, lately Yoshi is always preening his feathers and scratching around his head with his foot. He loves his head scratched and looks so cute cuddling up to my husband for a good long head and neck feather scratch. Yet the last two days he has been doing that almost constantly... is this just normal and he just likes the scratching or do I need to do something?

Thanks!

It is normal that they will find a perching spot they will always go to. His preferred spot will probably change with time.

They do prefer to eat outside their cage when food is available and of course good company to hang out with. :-) The will consume most their food needed outside if it's needed and not touch the food in the cage unless you leave them in there for hours. They will also eat some at night and early morning sometimes while in their cage for night-night time and waiting for you to get them out in the morning.

At his young age, he has many new pin feathers and thus the scratching and of course up close and personal scratches as well.

Enjoy all these precious moments and get lots of photo's to reflect on once they turn into a mature Grey........ Damn Brats I tell you!! :P